Terms and conditions
Your privacy is important to us. It is Fundação José Saramago's policy to respect your privacy in relation to any information about you that we may collect on the website. José Saramago Foundation, or on other of its pages.
We only ask for personal information when we really need it to provide you with a service. We do this by fair and legal means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we are collecting this information and how it will be used.
We only retain the information collected for as long as necessary to provide the requested service. When we store data, we protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We do not share personally identifiable information publicly or with third parties, except as required by law.
Our website may have links to external websites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites and cannot accept responsibility for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for personal information, it being understood that we may not be able to provide some of the services you desire.
Your continued use of our website will be deemed acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, please contact us.
What are cookies?
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting your browser settings (see your browser's Help to learn how to do this). Please be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites you visit. Disabling cookies will generally result in the disabling of certain functionality and features of this website. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Cookies we set
- Cookies Related to Email NewslettersThis site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies can be used to remind you if you are already registered and if you should show certain notifications valid only for registered/non-subscribed users.
- Cookies related to online store order processingThis website offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages and for us to process it properly.
- Form-Related Cookies When you submit data through a form, such as that found on contact pages or feedback forms, cookies may be set to remember the user's details for future correspondence.
- Site Preferences CookiesTo provide you with a great experience on this site, you can set your preferences for how this site runs when you visit it. To remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called up whenever you interact with a page.
Third Party Cookies
- Third-party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this page so that we can continue to produce compelling content. These cookies may track items such as how much time you spend on the website or which pages you visit, which helps us understand how we can improve the website for you.
- We periodically test new features and make subtle changes to the way the site looks. When we are testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience while on the site, while understanding which optimizations are most appreciated by our users.
The user undertakes to make proper use of the contents and information that the Fundação José Saramago website offers with an enunciative but non-limiting character:
- A) Not to engage in activities that are illegal or contrary to good faith or public order;
- B) Not to spread propaganda or content of a racist, xenophobic nature, or sports betting, games of chance, any type of illegal pornography, in support of terrorism or against human rights;
- C) Not to cause damage to the physical (hardware) and logical (software) systems of the Fundação José Saramago website, its suppliers or third parties, to introduce or spread computer viruses or any other hardware or software systems that are capable of causing damage previously mentioned.
For any question, please contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +351 218 802 040.
This policy is effective from June of 2021.